History and profile
The Jain Cooperative Bank Ltd. is one of the oldest Primary urban Cooperative Bank in Delhi. The Bank was started as a Thrift/Credit Society with a meager capital amount in September, 1939 by Late Shri Lala Tansukh Rai Jain to cater to the needs of weaker section of the society. Dedication, honesty and entrepreneurial skills of Lala ji helped this Thrift/Credit Society to grow up into a big society within a few years.
The Bank was issued Banking Licence under Banking Regulation Act, 1949 by the Reserve Bank of India on 7th June, 1996 to carry out the banking business within the State of Delhi. Thereafter, it was granted license to open branches in 1997 and 2001.The Head Office along with its Service branch, Arbitration and Recovery department is situated in its Corporate HQs at Darya Ganj.
The Bank offers attractive loan schemes for weaker sections of society - for small business, self employed, weaker sections and professionals etc.
The Bank was adjudged the Best Performing cooperative bank for the financial year 2000-2001 by the Delhi Government.
The Bank has adopted the model bye-laws of Co-operative Societies Act 2007.